[DGD]List-Mail archives

Tavis Elliott tavise at nwlink.com
Thu Jan 6 06:49:26 CET 2000

Apologies if I dont' know what I'm doing, but can you help me access the DGD
mail-list archives?

I'm sure answers to a lot of the stupid questions I have are located there if
I could just get to them.  I tried going to http://list.imaginary.com/mailman/listinfo/dgd
and using the "dgd Archives" link (http://list.imaginary.com/pipermail/dgd),
but that just gives me the following error:

> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /pipermail/dgd/ on this server.

Since I'm already annoying you anyway, can you answer for me how compile_object
works?  In the auto.c I have compile_object() do ::compile_object(), then ::call_other(ob,
"???") but create() still isn't being called in the compiled object if I do
the 'compile_object' from a command (say an update command).  If the object
already exists, is it going to be removed, updated, and recreated ?  (The dgd
compile_object doc seems to imply this)

Thanks!

Tavis Elliott
http://www.nwlink.com