[DGD]Melville

Darius AMJ darius_69 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 31 00:13:23 CEST 2000

--- Stephen Schmidt <schmidsj at union.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Darius AMJ wrote:
> > Now, and this is my question, does anyone out
> there have any advice for
> > the player combat system that I would like to code
> next?
>
> Think very hard about the tradeoff between features
> and speed...

Thanx for the advice.

That will surely send me in the right direction.
Actually... 'my' right direction.

The only reason I would want to use someone elses
code concept, or format, is because...

I can code... i'm relatively adept...
BUT... I've never coded combat before.

Nor magic for that matter.

I was always low level stuff like telnet manip
and 'packet skills' as I so call them.
I'm the guy people ask about 'optimizations'
not 'creative incitefulness'! :)

I'm not even sure where to start the combat
to be quite honest.

heart_beat I suppose, is a good start.

Thanx for the insight!  Always appreciated.
:)

-Darius StormReaver
A.K.A.  Arthur Johnston

P.S.  has anyone actually hand coded a good combat
system (player vs player or player vs monster) on
DGD before?  If it's unresonable, let me know.
In the meanwhile, I'll be hacking. :)