[DGD]EPP 2.0

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Wed Mar 8 20:30:25 CET 2000

"Jason Cone" <jcone at uscdev.com> wrote:

> From: "Ludger Merkens" <balduin at uni-paderborn.de>
>

> > [...]
> > development) and where performance matters. A bridge to call c-functions
> > from lpc would help alot. Writing kfuns for this purpose is possible, but
> > I don't like to populate the driver with lots of functions because I think
> > that would be bad design.
>
> I would have to agree here.  I, too, would like to see this as it negates
> having to distribute custom driver sources for use with specific libs (if
> made publically available).

This comes up every now and then.  I am not sure if it is simply too
difficult to add kfuns -- perhaps I should write a doc? -- or if there
really is a good reason for linking to C code in another way.

If the latter, I have never seen this convincingly argued.  Therefore
I invite you, and anyone who agrees with you, to come up with good
arguments.  Don't just tell me what is bad about the kfun interface,
also mention how it should be.