[DGD]Compiling/Patches

James Bearden bearden_james at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 21 18:43:44 CET 2000

Hello, I'd just like to say hi to everyone on the mailing list.
I've been hosting a mud for sometime on the original LPC driver and have
been trying for months unsuccessfully to move over to DGD. I had a few
questions, and if anyone could help I would appreciate it. Here goes.

1. I've set HOST in src/Makefile to the proper value, which I copied
host/Makefile.sysv to host/Makefile.

2. I've changed the directory in mud.dgd according to my directories.

3. I downloaded an ansi package for color from
http://www.enol.com/~asmith/drf/dgd/faq3.html#3.4

4. I guess this is where i'm lost, I dont know if I have to install that
patch before I compile and it didnt come with any documentation as to where
the files go or how to patch it.

5. I was wondering if the 1.1p6 already had the color patch in it, and do I
have to also patch that before I compile.

6. And finally, where do I type make at? in src or in host?

7. Anything else i'm missing or forgetting to do?

Thank you all very much in advance.