[DGD]Terminal width?

sampsa at staff.netsonic.fi sampsa at staff.netsonic.fi
Sun Mar 26 13:27:01 CEST 2000

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, John West McKenna wrote:

> Here's a quick and hopefully easy question.  Is there any way to determine
> the width of the terminal that a user has?  I'd rather my word-wrapping
> code use the actual value, rather than assume 80 columns.

 I used to have a patched network code that used to recoqnize terminal
size by issuing telnet query. I implemented it directly to the
driver code, MudOS does this too, so you could take a look how they did it
and do the same on DGD. I had a callback back to the user object when the
size was received so I didn't need to introduce new kfuns and if the size
was modified it went to the mudlib, too.

 - Sampsa Ranta
   sampsa at netsonic.fi