[DGD]DGD HTML?

Michael Bergbauer michael.bergbauer at gmx.net
Tue May 16 07:31:53 CEST 2000

On 16-May-00 Kris Van Hees wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 06:55:34AM +0200, Michael Bergbauer wrote:
>> DGD can do that, no question, the problem that I see is the following:
>> usually
>> browsers and the webserver terminate their connections after all data for
>> the
>> moment is transmitted and reopen them when the client requests new data. You
>> can't change this behaviour, so you need some means to identify the client
>> with
>> the right session on the server. And you neverever can tell who is logged in
>> just from looking at the connection objects.
>
> Since the object that gets the request is also the one that must send back
> the
> response, it can simply close its connection (destruct itself) after sending
> the last chunk of data.  No problem there.

But how will you handle a second request of the same client? Rely on the data
the client sends about his current position? Or even who he is? You _have_ to
keep information about the connected clients somewhere, and assign some kind of
session information to the clients so that they can identify themselves on
reload.

Michael

--
Michael Bergbauer <michael.bergbauer at gmx.net>