[DGD]DGD HTML?

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Tue May 16 07:48:43 CEST 2000

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Kris Van Hees wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 07:31:53AM +0200, Michael Bergbauer wrote:
> > But how will you handle a second request of the same client?

> That is why sites that require some form of state to be kept on
> connection use cookies to store some session ID....

That's what I was thinking. Store the player name as a cookie
on the playing machine. Might cause some issues if you play from
more than one machine, if a connection drops without being
formally quit on the mud server, but nothing any worse than
what the current telnet-based system has to deal with.

Is that insecure? Can someone forge a cookie and pretend to
be another player? Can you add a timestamp or a password or
some such to get around that?

Stephen Schmidt

It is vain to expect a well-balanced government without a
well-balanced society.
			-- Gideon Welles