[DGD]DGD HTML?

Par Winzell zell at skotos.net
Wed May 17 19:23:05 CEST 2000

E. Harte writes:
 > On Tue, 16 May 2000, Stephen Schmidt wrote:
 >
 > > Anyone ever used DGD to serve web pages?
 >
 > Yes, did that right after I started using the network package (but it can
 > be done on the binary port of vanilla DGD as well), it's still running on
 > www.caradon.org:2080 at the moment.
 >
 > I never tried implementing HTTP 1.1, though *shiver* :-)

I don't think it'd be so rough. A lot of HTTP/1.1 is optional, and
the stuff that isn't seems to me to be extremely useful for Mud-like
applications -- like the chunky transfer mode, for when you just don't
have all the data all at once but still want to see the user something;
the keep-alive of course is a natural thing for any stateful link, and
certainly the hash-based authentication scheme would be a nice boon
(even though we use cookies now at Skotos).

Pär