[DGD]A few dgd-questions

Gregory D Lewis glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Thu Nov 23 22:28:52 CET 2000

Risto Karjalainen wrote:
>  - Why wasn't sprintf() implemented in the dgd-driver?

Because sprintf doesn't make sense in a language like LPC with a proper
string type.  It makes sense for C, because of the way it handles strings.
Look, for example, at the way C++ and Java do output.

> I'd love if this happened. I've tried out a couple of LPC-implementations of
> sprintf() but I found them either annoying to use or too slow.

So compile them into the driver using the LPC->C functionality.

--
Greg Lewis                              Applied Maths Department
Email : glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au    University of Adelaide