[DGD]A problem with macros

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 26 15:59:29 CET 2000

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 04:54:51PM +0200, Risto Karjalainen wrote:

> Erwin Harte wrote:
> | What would probably cause the syntax error is when you _use_ the
> | define, because (DGD) LPC does not automatically concatenate strings
> | like this, if you really want this, try this:
> |
> |   #define FOO "foo\n" + \
> |   "bar\n"
>
> Ah, I forgot the '+' from my message, I have it on my source code listing =D
> Luckily I already found out the reason for the error: I had saved the file
> in DOS format and the linefeeds caused something weird to happen. When I
> re-saved the file in UNIX-format, the error disappeared.

DGD literally _defines_ LPC source-files to have \n as line-separators
and nothing else, no \r\n, no \n\r, or \r.  So that would then explain
the 'something weird', yes. ;-)

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte         :    `Don't mind Erwin, he gets crabby. :)'
harte at xs4all.nl     :       -- Par Winzell <zell at skotos.net>