[DGD]Compiling DGD with VC 6.0

Risto Karjalainen risto.karjalainen at pp1.inet.fi
Tue Oct 17 17:14:20 CEST 2000

Dworkin wrote:
> > I'm trying to compile DGD 1.1.108 with Visual C++ version 6.0 --
> > with no success. I get the error:
> >
> > LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "nafxcwd.lib"
> > Error executing link.exe.
>
> This looks like a VC installation/configuration problem to me.  The

I don't think the problem is in the installation or configuration as I've
tried to compile DGD on two different machines. My friend tried to
compile it too and got the same error.

> file you mention is not part of the DGD distribution.

Allow me to quote the windgd.mak in hosts/pc:

# ADD BASE LINK32 /nologo /subsystem:windows /machine:I386
# ADD LINK32 nafxcw.lib /nologo /subsystem:windows /machine:I386 \
/out:"Release/dgd.exe"
LINK32_FLAGS=nafxcw.lib /nologo /subsystem:windows /incremental:no\
 /pdb:"$(OUTDIR)/dgd.pdb" /machine:I386 /out:"$(OUTDIR)/dgd.exe"

These are lines 137-140 by the way.

> > gethostbyname: Not owner.
>
> I've never seen that one before.  Perhaps you're compiling on a
> NT or Win2000 system where you have insufficient access rights?

Nopes, I'm using windows 98 :(

Anyway, thanks for fast response!

Regards,
Risto Karjalainen