[DGD]Global Reset

Ludger Merkens balduin at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Sep 11 11:05:29 CEST 2000

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Lord Lerkista wrote:

> Hi, i use DGD with the lpmud 2.4.5 lib, and i noticed that when a reset
> comes only the objects around the player are reseted (the reset() that do
> that is in the function move_object or move_player, i don't remember), and i
> want to do that a reset for all the objects in the mud, how can i do that?
> i don't have any idea of how can i do that!!

Pretty easy answer, you can't.

Though notice, i'm unfamiliar with the 2.4.5 mudlib. But from skimming
over the source of driver, auto and global object of the 2.4.5 lib, I'd
say there is no solution.  Still you might modify the named objects to
provide some additional access. E.g. You could change simfunc.c and add
some book-keeping to clone_object. But beware, if you really do this,
expect laaaag if your mud exceeds more then a few dozens of rooms.

greetings grumbel(@xyllomer)
aka Ludger Merkens