[DGD]Global Reset

Malcolm Tester MTester at cambric.com
Mon Sep 11 17:54:00 CEST 2000

As Ludger said, you're going to have extreme lag once you go beyond a few
objects.  But besides that,  you're going to have other problems as well, if
you use heart_beat() as the mechanism to track that.  I'm not a hard-core
DGD user, so I can say things based on what I've used/seen in LD/Amylaar and
MudOS, but I assume the basics are the same.  heart_beat() has a very
important function of determining who is "living" and who is not.  If you
activate heart_beat() in every object on the game, you will in effect call
everything living.  And having heart_beat() active in every single object
will also serve to shut your mud down often.  It's worse than any other
method of book-keeping you can think of to use.  heart_beat() tends to be an
expensive function to execute.  But.  Your mud, so have fun learning :)

Malc is Mindless