[DGD]DGD extension interface, some thoughts

E. Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 27 00:57:09 CEST 2000

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Michael Bergbauer wrote:

[...]
> > I hereby (arbitrarily) rule that to redefine a kfun more than once
> > is an error.
>
> That's not the point, Felix:
>
> what happens if I install two packets, that each defines one new kfun? Then I
> have two config-functions. That is what John wanted to point out, if I got it
> correct (if not, then I'll point it out ;))
>
> We really should find a better method then just redefining one method, because
> you otherwise, you always have to tweak around in the sources when adding an
> additional module, and noone will benefit of it. It should make installing new
> packets easier (than the current patch method!), and not more compilcated.

Hrm.  Why do I get the feeling someone is going to want to write some sort
of add-on package to make this easier than it sounds like it will be when
using the default interface? ;-)

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte  -  Forever September, 2583 and counting  -  harte at xs4all.nl
[ 10:55pm  up 49 days,  3:25, 14 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00 ]