[DGD]Using the kernel lib

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Tue Apr 3 23:28:03 CEST 2001

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Felix A. Croes wrote:
> The kernel lib's user object is <meant> to be replaced, but the
> replacement must have certain functions -- create(), login(), logout(),
> receive_message(), and optionally receive_datagram() -- to function
> properly.  It also must inherit /kernel/lib/user.

OK. I presume the same is true of /kernel/obj/telnet.c; you
replace it with something else that inherits connection.c
in the lib directory. What functions have to be defined
in that file?

Those seem like the only files that most muds would want
to replace, at least on first glance. I suppose one could
rewrite /kernel/obj/port.c and udp.c and that sort of
thing but it doesn't appear that those are real basic objects.

Any other objects that are meant to be replaced? Those are
the only two that jumped out at me, other than the wiztool,
which we've discussed before.

Steve