[DGD]Initializing problem

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Fri Apr 20 05:03:14 CEST 2001

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Felix A. Croes wrote:
> But the errormessage you gave was:
>
> > : /kernel/obj/user.c, 14: cannot include "kernel.h"
>
> How can this happen if you haven't modified /kernel/obj/user.c?

I've replaced it, but the replacement is still including
kernel.h. I can't remember why I thought that was necessary.
Perhaps it's not. Probably, in fact, it's not.

> > Next question turns out to be: The error
> >    Error within runtime_error:
> >    Array index out of range

> This looks like a foul-up due to an error occurring in the kernel
> library itself.

Hm. When I change back to the kernel lib's user.c, things
work fine. I infer that replacing user.c with a new version
can create an error inside the kernel lib, though I'm not
sure how. I'll continue to experiment and see what I find.

Steve