[DGD]Core library and initd.c

Jason Cone jcone at uscdev.com
Fri Apr 20 18:01:56 CEST 2001

I thought a formal change of the subject was called for on this one. :)

I was wondering if there was a reason why a secondary library's init daemon
(/usr/System/initd.c) could not be installed by the kernel
(/kernel/sys/driver.c) in much the same fashion as the telnet/binary
managers/daemons are installed by user daemon?

The core library provides a huge amount of flexibility, but (IMHO) could be
further improved by allowing for the initd.c to exist in some other location
other than /usr/System/initd.c (say, /usr/System/sys/initd.c).

Thoughts?

(My apologies if this subject has come up in the last year -- I've been away
for a while.)

JC

--
  Jason Cone