[DGD]Core library and initd.c

Jason Cone jcone at uscdev.com
Fri Apr 20 18:54:20 CEST 2001

Again, I mis-typed.  Counter to what I first implied, I made the assumption
that the include file would, indeed, exist.  It would be the optional
presence of the macro definition that would point the driver in the right
direction.

> Aside from which, the kernel-lib has been designed to be able to
> function even when no /usr/System/ is present at all.

True.  I don't wish to change this.  Thus, instead of doing a run-time check
on the existence of /usr/System/initd.c, a compile-time check would instead
be done a la "#ifdef _SYSTEM_INITD_LOC_" or some such definition.  It would
have the same effect, but the location could be configured to be whatever.
Again, though, this assumes the unconditional presence of a configurable
include file in the core library include path.

JC