[DGD]Newbie problem ... Please help

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 21 04:47:23 CEST 2001

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 03:24:41AM +0100, mtaylor wrote:
> Hi ... I'm new to all this so please forgive any ignorance.
>
> I am getting this error when trying to use the 2.4.5 mudlib with the DGD
> server (version 1.1).
>
> /dgd/sys/driver.c, 1: bad token in control
> /dgd/sys/driver.c, 1: unterminated line
> /dgd/include/config.h, 1: # must be followed by parameter
> /dgd/include/config.h, 1: unterminated line
> Failed to compile "/dgd/sys/driver.c"
> Config error: initialization failed
>

> I don't understand
>
> There doesn't seem to be much documentation on how I install the mudlib with
> the driver?
>
> Help please ...

I would recommend that you actually play yourself up on an active
LPmud so that you can learn the basics of LPC and mudlibs in an
environment where there is some hands-on help.

As for the actual problem here, it sound suspiciously like the files
may have been unpacked from the (tar?) archive as something other than
unix files and that the line-endings have been transformed to
something that DGD's preprocessor doesn't recognize as such.

Hope that helps,

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte      : `Don't mind Erwin, he gets crabby. :)'
harte at xs4all.nl  :    -- Par Winzell <zell at skotos.net>