[DGD]parse_string

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Thu Apr 26 07:55:30 CEST 2001

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 11:51:09AM +0100, Matthew Jenkins wrote:
> I wanna do some simple string replacements using regexp, but can't see an
> easy way of doing it.  It looks like the parse_string() kfun will be able
> to do it, if I could only work out what the hell the parse_string function
> actually does.

Well, to concentrate on what you want to do (i.e. do some regexp
replacements).  The DGD driver already has regexp code in it (how else
would you do this sort of thing in the editor :).  I wrote some kfuns for
1.1 which (ab)used this functionality to do some regexp matchings and
replacing.  The URL is in the DGD FAQ.  You may find its simpler to
update them for 1.2 than it is to write a regexp grammar for parse_string.

If I get some time, I may even update them myself :).

Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Mobile: 0419 868 494
Information Technology                Web   : http://www.eyesbeyond.com