[DGD] Help with compiling on a Mac

mtaylor mtaylor at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 1 15:07:28 CEST 2001

Dear DGD List

Our group is about half way through writing a Mudlib for DGD (Running on
MacOS 9.1). I am keen despite various warnings to at least include some
functionality for ansi and vt100. I know that I need to apply the ansi patch
... But I have a problem. Up until now I have been using the precompiled DGD
that you download from the ftp site at imaginary. I have downloaded the
source code (1.2) ... And the ansi patch but yet I can't even manage to
compile the DGD source let alone compile with the patch.

I don't have Symantec C or CodeWarrior, but I do have MPW GM and also the
developer tools packed with MacOS X.

Can anyone give me a simple set of instructions for compiling the source?
I'm not experienced in creating make files, building, projects etc. so it
would need to be 'simple' instructions ;)

Thanks in advance for any help available.

Matt

P.s. If anyone had a DGD executable already with the patch - for MacOS then
perhaps they could let me have a copy?

Sorry to ask such big favours...