[DGD] Mudlibs

James J. Bennett james.bennett at washougal.k12.wa.us
Mon Aug 20 17:52:22 CEST 2001

Thanks for the background info.  Having only been a player in the past I
only knew what happened on the mud I played, and it seemed to me that most
of those who were admin and wiz there either came with experience to the
mud or (and this was only a few) worked up from the player base, but still
had quite a bit of coding experience.  Now being interested in learning
more about coding I have found it difficult to find ways to gain this
experience with no real way to wiz on an up and running mud (the mud I used
to play seems to have vanished off the face of the earth).  For me (and a
few others I'd guess) a mud in a box solution would aid greatly in the
learning process.  I hope in the future to bring mud coding into the
classroom where I teach, where good coding examples would be extremely
helpful, so that some of my students can be inspired.

JB

PS I think we have met on a mud before Steve.  If I am not mistaken you
helped me join a guild that was officially closed at the time.  If I am not
wrong nice to make contact again....;)