[DGD] MUD Design Issues

David Jackson araborn at home.com
Tue Dec 4 19:19:43 CET 2001

This brings up an interesting point.  Why would an adventure game have
different requirements than a MUD?  I mean, requirements that are so vastly
different that the design of the parser should be any different?  We're
still talking about manipulating objects with verbs.  I would think that
one, single, powerful solution would rule out the rest.

It made me realize that the design criteria for MUDs has changed over the
years, and that in my own designs, I was trying to make a MUD that was more
like an adventure game, and less like the standard MUD.

I don't think that this is an evolution in design practice, personally (the
standard MUD).  Maybe even de-evolution, in a way.

David Jackson