[DGD] Sectors

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Sun Dec 9 15:46:12 CET 2001

"Chooser Fireman" <usff at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering ... I have a mudlib I am writing with around 10 rooms =
> for testing and a couple other things in and I am at 192 sectors ... =
> could someone define what sectors are and how I can use them? Does 192 =
> seem a lot?

Multiply the number of sectors by the size of a sector, as defined in the
config file, and you have the total space taken by the swapfile of the
game.  Whether this is a lot you will have to decide for yourself.

> Also if someone could let me in a little on dump_state and how to use =
> it?

Use it, and the current state of the game will be copied in a state dump
file, which consists of the swapfile plus some extra information.  The
path of the state dump file is given in the config file.  Start DGD with
this file as a restore file (from the menu) or as a second command-line
argument, and the game will restart with the given state, except that
connections to the mud will of course have been lost.

Read dgd/doc/Introducition for further details.