[DGD] kernel lib wiztool->expand()

Par Winzell zell at skotos.net
Sat Dec 15 03:02:55 CET 2001

Shevek writes:

 > What does expand() return, and am I even using it right?

Maybe someone else can answer this. Since you have the source
available, though, I figure you can probably guess just about
as well as anybody else except for Dworkin who pay possible
recall what it's supposed to do. :-)

 > 1) What is Ecru? I know it's a user, but why?

It collects everything for which there is no explicit user.

 > What I'm actually trying to do is something like this:
 > filename=SOME_DIR + "/" + (First char of str) + "/" + str + ".pwd";
 > where str=someone's name for the purposes of seperating files into
 > directories based on first letter of name. Ie all the people starting with
 > 'A' into ~/System/data/A.

You would benefit greatly from increased use of capitalization.

I think you want

	filename = DIR + "/" + str[0 .. 0] + "/" + str + ".pwd";

Zell