[DGD]kernel cloning and inheriting

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Thu Feb 15 05:30:36 CET 2001

As I understand the source: In the kernel lib (version taken
from DGD 1.2) any object may be cloned, or inherited, or
neither, but not both. If it is in a directory with "lib"
in the path, it may be inherited but not cloned. If it is
in a directory with "obj" (and not "lib") in the path, it
may be cloned but not inherited. Otherwise it may be neither
cloned nor inherited.

Why is that? I have a memory that it has something to do
with updating code in cloned objects without rebooting;
what are the details?

Steve

"Bill Gates' biggest fear is not that some kid is brewing up the next killer
app in his garage in Kenosha. His biggest fear is that some kid will brew up
the next killer app in his garage in Kenosha and Microsoft won't own it."
	Seattle Times, 4/1-7 2000