[DGD]recompile

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Thu Feb 15 21:14:28 CET 2001

There is a function called recompile() in driver.c, which
seems to be called by the game driver itself. In early
mudlibs it does nothing. In the current kernel it seems
to destruct the object and all objects which the object
inherits it.

1) When is this called, and why do we need to go into the
driver object to do it? I imagine that what happens is
that the driver gets the request to compile an existing
object, preserves its state, then invokes recompile()
to see if the mudlib wants anything done, then compiles
the object, then restores the state. More or less right?

2) Is there a list of functions called by the game driver
anywhere, other than the one implied by driver.c itself?

Steve