[DGD]Serving web pages

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 16 21:20:35 CET 2001

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 03:14:32PM -0500, Stephen Schmidt wrote:
> Semi-random question: Is the telnet port capable of serving
> web pages, or would you have to use the binary port for that?
> I presume the latter but am kinda hoping for the former :)

The telnet-port implements telnet-negotiations like will/wont echo,
etc, which would get in the way of sending random binary data, aside
from the fact that http clients don't expect this to happen. :-)

The binary port is the way to go, it provides 'raw' TCP/IP.

Sorry to disappoint you. :)

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte         :    `Don't mind Erwin, he gets crabby. :)'
harte at xs4all.nl     :       -- Par Winzell <zell at skotos.net>