[DGD]Default Wiztool not loaded ?

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 16 22:00:54 CET 2001

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 03:53:15PM -0500, Stephen Schmidt wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Par Winzell wrote:
> > If you implemented it using a /cmds directory, I would ask you
> > what the advantage is of that :-)

[...]
> If you want to change the tell command, and you make
> a mistake and the file won't load, with the /cmds
> system, all that breaks is the tell command. With
> the kernel system, user.c would stop compiling. Similarly
> with the wiztool, although if you had a clone of the
> old wiztool already, nothing bad would happen as long
> as no one tried to clone a new wiztool.

That's why it's so nice to have compile_object() be able to compile
bits in place, it won't replace the old program if the new one fails
to compile so you can try as much as you want until you've removed all
typos and other obstacles and it finally works and replaces the old
version. :-)

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte         :    `Don't mind Erwin, he gets crabby. :)'
harte at xs4all.nl     :       -- Par Winzell <zell at skotos.net>