[DGD]New mudlibs

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Sun Jan 21 05:58:49 CET 2001

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Tim Vernum wrote:
> There is (IMNSHO) little value is creating a mudlib that is
>  purely HTML based.
> That is just as bad as creating one that is purely telnet
>  based.

In theory, I completely agree.

In practice:

1) Many purely telnet based mudlibs exist; no purely
HTML based libs exist. Surely we need one of the latter
more than we need yet another of the former.

2) The number of people that can access a game using a
telnet interface is much smaller than those that now can
access one using an HTML interface.

3) Creating a mudlib that would use both interfaces
seamlessly is surely a much more difficult task than
creating one that uses only HTML. Might it not be
better to have a good mudlib soon, rather than a
great mudlib farther in the future?

Steve