[DGD]IMPORTANT LIST ANNOUNCEMENT

George Reese borg at imaginary.com
Thu Jul 12 02:07:53 CEST 2001

SUMMARY:
Sometime tomorrow (after around noon CDT 12 July 2001) you will need
to re-subscribe to any mailing lists at list.imaginary.com to which
you are subscribed. To do so, visit
	      http://list.imaginary.com/mailman/listinfo
and select your desired mailing lists. You will know it is OK to
subscribe because you will see the GNU, Python, and Mailman logos on
the Web page.

THE FULL STORY:
upgrade. Unfortunately, we were using a pre-1.0 release of the Mailman
software. Bugs in this release are why archiving does not work for
some lists and other annoyances you see. I have avoided touching the
software for fear of irrevocably screwing things up. However, I am
concerned that the software is so fragile that it could not survive
any disaster recovery.

I have therefore put in place a new mail server running more modern
smtp and Mailman software. This should address a lot of bugs as well
as provide better anti-spam measures, archiving, and other
features. On the downside, there simply is no clear migration path
from the old version to the new one. We therefore need everyone to
re-subscribe.

I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Please direct any
questions you might have to my private email address:
	  george dot reese at imaginary dot com

--
George Reese (borg at imaginary.com)    http://www.imaginary.com/~george
  "I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the