[DGD] parse_string

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Thu Jul 26 14:25:57 CEST 2001

pete at ana.sk wrote:

>[...]
> > Could you post an example grammar where this problem occurs?  '\0'
> > should definitely be handled without trouble.
>
> Make just simple grammar like
> whitespace = /[\0- ]+/
> word = /[^\0- ]+/
> text : word text
> text :
>
> and try parse strings like "text 1", "text 2", "text 3"... first few times
> (mabe 10 or so) it returns ({ "text", "1" }) etc. but then it starts to
> return just ({ "text" }). But you must use only this grammar, using
> any other grammar in that object resets it and it starts to work
> again.

I've been unable to reproduce this, and I see no reason in the code why
'\0' should be treated differently from anything else.

What platform are you running DGD on?  Could you give me exact
instructions on reproducing the error with the above grammar (or another
minimal one) with the kernel library?