[DGD]Fatal Error: Out of Value Stack

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 7 00:21:23 CEST 2001

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 02:44:24PM -0500, Michael J. Bacon wrote:

> 	Anyone know what I am doing wrong in the following scenario?
>
> 	I'm using the kernal mudlib just messing around with the command line, and
> I've created an array at position $0 = ({1,2,3,4,5}), and at position $1 =
> ({ 27 }). If I execute the command "code $0[..2] + $1 + $0[3..]" I get the
> correct result ({1,2,3,27,4,5}).  I can do this all day without any problems
> apparently... BUT when I execute the following command line, "code $0[..2] +
> ({ 27 }) + $0[3..]" the server immediately dies with "Fata Error: Out of
> Value Stack".  "code ({1,2,3}) + ({27}) + ({4,5,6})" works just fine so I
> suspect it is something in the wiztools for the kernel lib causing the
> problem.
>
> 	Anyone seen anything like this or know what might be causing it?

Problem reproduced by Dworkin, he's working on a fix, but a good fix
might take some time (i.e: don't expect it within the next hour :-)

As a workaround you can recompile your driver binary with the '-DDEBUG'
directive commented out in the Makefile in the dgd/src/ directory, as
the bug involves a mis-calculation of the required stack-space for the
code and the -DDEBUG directive means that DGD complains about this in
the way you saw rather than giving itself some margin.

Hope this helps,

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte <harte at xs4all.nl>