[DGD]Scope (::) operator and Kernel lib wiztool

Noah Lee Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Mon Jun 11 05:47:35 CEST 2001

  I've got a lightly-customized Kernel lib up and running and I'm playing
around with the code in different ways.  Got a DGD LPC question.
  I remember from the archives that the two-colon scope operator, ::, is
used to call a kfun or (same thing, mostly) a static function in the auto
object.  But in /kernel/obj/wiztool's create() function, it appears to be
calling to its parent (/kernel/lib/wiztool) with the same syntax -- if it
called straight up to auto, it would just say ::create(1) to say that it
was a clone (and it isn't) instead of saying ::create(200) to set hsize to
200.
  Does anybody know if this is just a bug in the Kernel lib or if
functions called with the scope operator call to the parent before trying
the auto object?