[DGD]NILs and Mappings in extensions...

Michael J. Bacon mj.bacon at gte.net
Thu Jun 21 22:15:47 CEST 2001

> In DGD LPC, map[nameval] = nil; is the way to remove index `nameval' from
> the mapping.  Is that what you intended?

	No, but that my answer my question anyway.  I had forgotten that assigning
a nil in LPC would remove the index from the mapping...

	What I am doing is building a layer that allows DGD to talk to ActiveX Data
Objects (ADO) - when the "get record" extension is called it builds and
returns a mapping of fieldname/fieldvalue pairs to represent the content of
the record.  Some fields contain a NULL value and I was thinking I could
represent that with the DGD NIL value.  fieldname/NIL.

	Since LPC has that convention however I will have to use something else to
represent NILs.  Thanks for the clue. :-)

Thanks;
Michael.