[DGD]Grid!!

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Sat Mar 10 01:16:45 CET 2001

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 04:39:36PM -0600, Lord Lerkista wrote:
> how can i make a grid form rooms in the mud??
> i use 2.4.5!! =)
> i don't have any idea of how start!!

I think you're being incredibly optimistic to think that someone is going
to supply you with a complete explanation of how to grid'ify rooms given
that you have no clue of even where to start.

My advice would be to go and investigate the topic first.  Try your
favourite search engine or maybe take a look through something like
the MUD-Dev archives (https://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/).
After this you'll probably decide 2.4.5 is probably not right base to
attempt this project on.  You'll also probably now have some clueful
questions to ask :).

Of course, I could be wrong, somebody could even now be emailing you
a complete grid based room code and documentation set for 2.4.5 on DGD
to you.

Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Mobile: 0419 868 494
Information Technology                Web   : http://www.eyesbeyond.com