[DGD]compile_object() kfun

Par Winzell zell at skotos.net
Wed Mar 14 05:49:31 CET 2001

 > But: Surely you would be saving data to a file, and create()
 > would reload from the file? Or is the persistence so good
 > that saving to file is no longer needed?

I've ripped out save_object() and restore_object() from my version
of DGD entirely; they are completely redundant. I use write_file()
only for logging, and read_file() only for parsing XML files, which
is how I cold-start configurations.

No important daemon bothers saving its state to file. If we had to
cold-start we'd be screwed anyway. It's all in the dumpfile.

Zell