[DGD]Includes

John West McKenna john at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed May 23 10:37:51 CEST 2001

Lord Lerkista writes:

>how can i "uninclude" cmd.h to not use it in player.c??

You can't.  But if you think you need to, there's probably something very
deeply wrong with your object heirarchy.  The only reason I can think that
you'd want to 'uninclude' something is if that .h file is defining
functions and/or variables.  This is a Very Bad Idea.

It sounds like your system is structured along these lines:

          cmd --+-> living --+-> player
                |            |
(other stuff) --+            +-> other living objects

cmd contains things that you want inherited by the other living objects,
but not by player.  This is just a guess - I could be completely off
course.

In that case, you should structure it like this:

(other stuff) ----> living --+-> player

                             +-+-> living_with_cmd -> other living objects

                         cmd --+

If this isn't what you're doing, I think you'll have to provide a bit more
information.

John