[DGD] Diferences... Thank you, and more cuestions.

Arnau Rossell=?US-ASCII?Q?=F3?= Castell=?US-ASCII?Q?=F3?= arocas at alumni.uv.es
Mon Nov 5 12:14:47 CET 2001

Thanks to everybody that replied me, i've finally decided to switch
to the binary port because of the colors, and because i think i can
manage to have one-key commands, that can be used for movement, for
example.

In the mailing logs i've read that dworkin doesn't want dgd to esta-
blish outgoing connections, for security reasons, and i can understand
why that functionality is kept in a separate package, but what about
listening to many ports at a time ports? the security problem doesn't
apply here, and it could be very helpful(say, you want one of those
ftp servers, and one http server, and the mud in the binary port), so
why is that it isn't in the official release?

Another question: What Is a tick exactly? It measures CPU capacity,
but is it a fixed time length? a variable time length that depends on
the power of the processor? it works with time at all or measures the
number of instructions?

YAQuestion: Is there any way to know the maximum and/or actual
ticks and stack? I'm thinking on making that compile_object() and
clone_object() assign a certain cuantity of ticks and stack to the com-
piled/cloned object, who will be called everytime with that amount of
stack/ticks, and substracting that many ticks and stack from the assigned
to the object calling compile/clone. Do you think this is viable, or
is my idea flawed in some way?

Well, here went another barrage of questions, thanks to everybody who
takes the time to read and answer my questions.

Arnau.