[DGD] arrays again

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 11 00:10:38 CEST 2001

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 02:49:02PM +0200, pete at ana.sk wrote:
[...]
> you cant mean this seriously! if i want to copy array i shoud make
> recursive cycle and use [..] on each subarray?! i better change dgd
> code to use copy-on-write, or unshare arrays completely then this!

How about you write something in LPC that does this correctly for
every kind of combination of arrays and mappings and post the source
for it on this list so that we can all profit from your work instead
of just hearing complaints.

It's not hard to do (but I don't need it so I don't do it) but there
are some non-trivial situations to consider.

Have fun.

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte <harte at xs4all.nl>