[DGD] Another question from the DGD n00b...

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 27 20:01:20 CEST 2001

On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 07:57:22PM +0200, Troels Therkelsen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering why the backend (call_out(), creator function, etc)
> can't call static functions in the auto object?
>
> I mean, it's fully within the logic of the static modifier that
> other LPC objects can't call the function.  But in all other
> objects (programs, I guess it is?) than the auto object/program,
> the backend is perfectly capable of calling static functions.

That's because in all other objects, static functions are just that,
static functions, but if you define a function as static in the auto-
object, you tell DGD that this is a special function, an afun or efun
if you will, and one of the side-effects is that you cannot call it
with a call_other() anymore, just like you can't do that for the built
in kfuns.

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte <harte at xs4all.nl>