[DGD] Could it work...

mtaylor mtaylor at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 17 20:14:38 CEST 2001

That too makes sense :)

I hadn't envisaged how much the kernel lib actually does that we are going
to need. So there is a need for object managers and such to keep track of
where all your clones and objects are? I guess also my first thought that we
wouldn't need need file handling commands is a bit naïve too. We're going to
need them to compile new areas, new items, monsters etc.

The phrase *doh* comes to mind. Well you live and learn ;)

A wild shot - I don't suppose anyone has written a set of doc's for the
kernel? *grin*

So maybe we'll work on creating an almost persistent mud ;)

We wanted to try and keep it so that timelines (dates) are constant - don't
reset - and such. Is there any way to do this other than saving these
variables as files? Or is that the point of persistence? ;)

*Sigh* It's certainly not easy ;)

Anyway once more thanks for all the support :)

Matt