[DGD] more http...

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 24 21:41:39 CEST 2001

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 09:36:20PM +0200, Nico Lammers wrote:
> No, actually, I -was- right.
> Internet Explorer just doesn't show that information, for some reason.
> Opera gives me exactly what I want to see, though :)

Interesting, so Opera is a bit too forgiving about being presented
with a 'GET /www/test/ HTTP/1.0' as a first line of a reply.  Makes a
change from the usual situation where IE is too forgiving and tries to
outsmart (a) the webserver and (b) the creator of the webpages and
Opera and Netscape are too picky. *smirk*

> I think I've figured this out now.. kinda :)
>
> Thanks and all :)
>
> -- Nico Lammers
> P.S. There is TMFI in TFM :-P

Nah, I read it from start till finish a few times, easy read.  Now try
the specs for HTTP 1.1, _that_ is a tough read! *shiver*

By the way, there is absolutely no crime in:

1. Removing some of the original message you're replying to if it is
   irrelevant to your reply, and
2. Putting the original _before_ your reply, so that the context of
   what _you_ write makes sense, sort of, like, a discussion that you
   are reading, you know.

Sincerely,

Erwin.
--