[DGD] Weirdness with save_object

Noah Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Sun Apr 14 07:55:38 CEST 2002

  I'm having trouble with save_object.  I've added log messages directly
before and after I call it, so I know I'm calling it and it's not
generating an error.  What it *is* doing is creating an empty file, or
destroying the contents of the file if present.
  I made some changes, but nothing that should obviously be related to
this.  If I privately inherit a library (/usr/common/lib/unqable.c) then
the file written by save_object is blank.  Restore_object doesn't seem to
work right either, even if I copy a reasonable file back into place.  If I
instead publically inherit the same library, everything's fine.
  Is there some reason this might happen?  The data members being written
are *not* in the library being inherited privately, they're in the object
(usr/System/obj/user.c) that is *doing* the inheriting.

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!