[DGD] Threads question

Jay Shaffstall jshaffst at netwalk.com
Sun Apr 21 17:13:26 CEST 2002

I've been reading through some of the archives and the DGD documentation,
and haven't seen a good explanation of threads in DGD.  Hopefully someone
here can give me a quick overview, or point me to where the information exists.

I know that a call_out or network input from a user will start a new
thread.  Do threads run concurrently?  Or must one thread stop before the
next can start?  I'm assuming that each thread must stop before the next
can start, based on the mudlibs I've seen, but wanted to make certain
before making decisions based on the assumption.

Thanks,
Jay