[DGD] HTTP-daemon

John West McKenna john at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Aug 9 21:38:18 CEST 2002

Rickard Nilsson writes:

>Was it someone that had a HTTP-daemon, or what?
>I would be very glad if someone please could send it to me in that case...

Sorry for the delay.  It's nowhere near what I'd call a real HTTP-daemon,
but just to show how trivial a minimal server is, here it is:

http://www.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/~john/dgd/http.tar

There's a few infernoisms in there, but I'm sure you'll have no trouble
converting it to run on some other system.

spider.c is the control object.  It's not part of the server - it just
gives a user commands to start and stop the server.

http_port.c is the DGD port object that sits on the http port waiting for
connections.  When someone connects, it creates an http_connection object.

http_connection.c is the object that deals with your connection.  It's the
bare minimum - say "GET" to it, and it gives you a file.

Making this comply with the relevant RFCs is an exercise for the reader.

John