[DGD] Query_port()??

Keith Dunwoody keithdunwoody at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 23 07:51:08 CEST 2002

--- Lord Lerkista <lerkista at planetatierra.net> wrote:
> There's a way to recognize from which port an user
> enters to the mud??
> (running the mud in multiport)
>
> i know that i can get if the user enters via the
> telnet port or binary
> port, but if i have many telnets ports, can i get
> that info??

If you're using the kernel library, it seems like
there's a function in the connection object called
query_port() which returns the port number of the
connection.  Otherwise the port number is passed to
the driver object when a user connects.

Hope that helps,
-- Keith

P.S.  I havn't tested this.  This is just based on
reading the source for the kernel mudlib.