[DGD] Query_port()??

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 24 00:41:14 CEST 2002

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 04:45:46PM -0500, Lord Lerkista wrote:
> On Friday, August 23, 2002, at 04:23  PM, Joshua P. Dady wrote:
[...]
> Ok, my telnet_connect() in driver.c is now:
>
> static object telnet_connect(int port_telnet){object user,player;
> GLOBAL->set_this_player(0);
> user=find_object(USER);
> if(user==0){user=compile_object(USER);}
> user=clone_object(user);
> player=MASTER->connect();
> user->set_player(player);
> player->_F_user(user);
> type="telnet";port=port_telnet;return user;}

Do everyone (including yourself) a favour and properly indent your
code and not just when you cut'n'paste it to this list.  This stuff is
fairly nasty to read this way.  Coding is really not a game where the
winner is the one who uses the least amount of spaces.

[...]
> But query_port() always returns 0

(a) What if the next person logs in on a different telnet-port?
(b) dgd/doc/Introduction and /include/status.h

Connect the dots, figure it out, and have a nice weekend.

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte <harte at xs4all.nl>