[DGD] Problems with too many...

Par Winzell zell at skotos.net
Wed Dec 4 20:41:10 CET 2002

Alphoen,

> Thx for the tip, but I already knew i have to increase the number in
> a special array or something, the problem is: I can find that array or
> whatever it is to fix the "too many declared functions" problem.
> But I can't find the file or line to edit to solve the "too many undefined
> functions". I thought they used the same array, but I'm not so sure
> anymore.

In spite of your dismissive tone, I will suggest to you the possibility
that you are underestimating the complexity involved in lifting these
limitations. By corollary your response becomes a bit insulting to the
person who went to the trouble to answer you.

If some resource is limited to 256 entries, it's typically because the
resources is indexed somewhere using a byte. Sometimes in such cases all
you need to do is change 'byte' to 'int' somewhere and you're done. In
other cases, things get more complex. This might be one such case.

I think if you used a more confidence-inspiring language (avoid saying
things like "that array or whatever it is") someone with an actual
answer might take you seriously enough to bother replying.

Zell