[DGD] Need some guidance

Shevek shevek at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 1 23:39:17 CET 2002

What I'm looking to do is to hook a DGD server up to a MySQL database.
Sounds a bit odd, but I want to use something like Apache to serve web
pages with info off the database, PHP to run the dynamic content, and the
DGD server to process activity within the site (ie Playing around with the
information without being driven by user events), and provide chat via a
Java applet (Probably just a simple binary connection).

Ever so minor problem (:>) is that I can't figure out how to access the
database from within DGD. The  rest doesn't appear incredibly difficult to
put together, but it all revolves around that hookup.

Any suggestions on how to proceed would be gratefully received. Or, and it
sounds wierd now I think of it, would it be better to just lose the MySQL
functionality and code some DB style object directly in LPC (Sounds
difficult to do well for multiple connections, or for neatness of DB).

Shevek